Maria Kanellis has opened up about the things WWE told her when trying to get her to extend her contract last year.
Maria and her husband Mike were released from their WWE contracts in April of this year due to budget cuts amidst the COVID-19 pandemic.
In 2019, it was reported that Maria and Mike were looking to leave WWE on their own accord. However, in June of that year, the pair renewed their contracts with the organization, only to be released less than a year later.
Maria took to her Twitter page on Saturday to expose the things WWE said to her last year to get her and her husband to extend their contracts. Take a look below.
Kanellis would later clarify her reasoning for making these Tweets.
“I am not spilling tea, spreading gossip, or ranting. I am giving the fans insight into what my husband and I were told/experienced. Period. If you insult me I will automatically block you. I am not arguing facts with people that were not in the room or are children.” she said. “It’s just the truth. And dirt sheets just feed the narrative with fake stories fed to them by “sources.” (WWE) Dirt sheets or Dirt Sheep? Same thing.“
“Millions of people have lost their jobs during this time. I send my love to everyone of them. But, I still have hope for the future and hope for real change in corporate America.” Kanellis would conclude.
Following Maria and Mike’s release, speculation has been high as to where they will end up next. The pair have previously been a part of both ROH and Impact Wrestling, but with AEW also in the mix now, things could be interesting.
Wrestling fans, where would you like to see Maria Kanellis & Mike Bennett perform next? Let us know in the comments section below.